Who are we?
Our Story, by our founder designer, Bernie and our architect Manuel
One day, while walking on an island in Brittany, I saw in a tree a sphere made of wood covered by the sail of a boat. Passionate about the great outdoors and traveling with my van, I said to myself: this is a great way to camp with birds as neighbors.
The next day, I called my architect friend Manuel and told him:
- we have to lay a huge egg that will allow us to sleep in the trees.
- You need something light and strong at the same time, so an aluminum structure, it should be aluminum, he answers me.
- Well, we should also be sheltered from the rain.
- Ah! So you need a waterproof tent canvas to cover the structure, he tells me.
- Yes, but a canvas that is strong to withstand strong winds.
- So you need a super strong and spherical tarpaulin to offer the least resistance to the wind, he concludes.
And this is how the new Cocoon Tree was born.